Earn 2650 points upon purchasing this product.
Available on backorder
Macro Algae Reactor
The Macro Algae Reactor MAR 3182 is specially constructed to cultivate algae in seawater and plants in freshwater.
Chaetomorpha “Spaghetti Algae” is cultured by many marine aquarists to eliminate nitrates and phosphates from the aquatic biotope. It is absolutely sufficient to harvest a handful of algae from time to time to maintain the biological balance in an aquarium – an economical and easy alternative to many chemicals or resins.
Naja Grass, Najas guadalupensis, can be grown to purify freshwater systems,
such as cichlid biotopes.
TUNZE® MAR 3182 can be placed in any filter basin or next to the aquarium without external filter technology.
The water circulation in the reactor ensures the rotation of the algae culture and thus reduces the number of light sources accompanied by strong plant growth. However, additional light sources can be added to the device as needed.
For aquariums from 500 to 1,600 liters (132 – 423 USgal.).
Flow rate: 1,000 – 2,400 l/h (264 – 634 USgal.)
Energy consumption with pump: approx. 51 W
Measurements of the reactor (L x W x H): 310 x 250 x 430 mm (12.2″ x 9.8″ x 16.9″)
Functions of the TUNZE® algae reactor MAR 3182:
– Cultivation of algae in seawater and plants in freshwater
– Biological detoxification of ecosystems by algae / plants
– Reduction of nitrate and phosphate content
– Filtration of the aquarium water
– Production of food supplement for fish
– Zooplankton refuge, serving as food for corals and fish
– Enrichment of the water with oxygen